3 Easy And Refreshing Fruit-Based Drinks To Make At Home
Fancy a refreshing drink at home after a long week?
Whether you have a built-in home bar, or just a mini bar cart to enjoy Happy Hour, these 3 refreshing fruit-based drinks are surprisingly easy to make at home and will help you relax, unwind and get ready for the weekend!
While the recipes below include spirits, the cocktails can also be made as non-alcoholic drinks. By omitting the spirits in some of your drinks, you can ensure that your drinks will please everyone at your next cocktail party or event.
3 Easy and Refreshing Fruit-Based Drinks To Make At Home
Enjoying a perfectly crafted cocktail is not just about having the right bar tools. In fact, the entire drinking experience starts from the visual presentation of your drink. Because you drink with your eyes first, the glass truly matters!
Just as we feast with our eyes when it comes to food, having your drink served up in a beautifully designed glass sets the tone for an elevated Happy Hour or cocktail experience.
In the examples below, you will see how our Rocks Glasses perfectly enhances and complements the delicious drinks you will enjoy in your home bar.
One of the best things about having a home bar is experimenting with the ingredients in your cocktails. Just like cooking, you can follow a recipe but give it your own twist. The only rule is to try and keep your drinks balanced. Cocktails should not be too sweet, too tart, or too strong. Have fun being creative and adventurous when you make cocktails at home!
- 1.5oz white rum
- 0.5 oz fresh lime juice
- 1.5 oz Bigg Riggs Farms Peach Daiquiri Mix
- Fresh peach slices for garnish
- To make a Peach Daiquiri, add white rum, fresh lime juice, Peach Daiquiri mix (we found ours at a local farmers market but you can make our own using a bit of simple syrup mixed with pureed fresh peaches), and ice to a shaker.
- Shake and strain into an ice filled rocks glass, and garnish with a fresh peach slice.
- Serve in your favorite glass.
We chose our Lapis Waves Rocks glass because it really shows off this drink.
This cocktail would also make a great no-alcohol drink. Simply pour some of the mix over ice in a tall glass and topped with sparkling water. Squeeze a fresh lime wedge on top, stir and sip.
2.Blackberry Smash Cocktail
Smash cocktails are the perfect drink for utilizing whatever ingredients you have on hand. They include a base spirit, ice, herbs (such as mint), sugar, fresh seasonal fruit, and a splash of water.
This smash recipe includes bourbon, mint and blackberries. It’s so easy to make and perfect for the homebar as it is built right in the glass. The unique design of our Spellbound White Rocks glass really shows off this amazing drink, which will definitely be a crowd favorite at any cocktail party.
- .5oz simple syrup
- .5oz Seltzer Water
- 2oz bourbon
- Fresh mint sprig & blueberry for garnish
- Muddle or smash your blackberries with a few mint leaves and fine sugar.
- Add the bourbon, ice and top with seltzer water.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and fresh blackberry.
- Serve this delicious smash cocktail in our Spellbound White Rocks.
3. Strawberry Smash Cocktail
There’s nothing as refreshing and satisfying during strawberry season as a delicious Strawberry Smash cocktail. Strawberries aren’t just for breakfast, snacking, or dessert, they also impart a wonderful flavor to cocktails and mocktails!
- 4 large strawberries fresh, hulled
- 1 oz strawberry syrup (or the juice from macerated strawberries)
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- Fresh mint and 1 strawberry for garnish
- Muddle the strawberries in the bottom of a rocks glass along with a few mint leaves..
- Add the strawberry syrup, bourbon, lemon juice, and crushed ice.
- Stir and garnish with a fresh strawberry and a sprig of mint.
- Serve this smash in our Hypnotic Blue Diamond rocks glass and enjoy!
To make the cocktail even more refreshing, you can top with sparkling water if you want. there’s nothing easier, fresher and satisfying to sip on right now! And served in our Hypnotic Blue Diamond rocks glass makes the drink look and taste even better.
If you are looking to vary this recipe, you can easily swap out the mint for fresh basil and use fresh lime juice and gin instead of fresh lemon juice and bourbon.
You might also like: